Personal interaction is critical to the beauty and wellness industry—we can’t provide beauty services, facials, or massages without physically touching our clients. With the recent re-opening after COVID 19 (aka coronavirus) of our beloved beauty industry we have taken every precaution to keep the Mackay community safe.
Below are our new terms of business in accordance with new mandatory QLD Health COVID-19 Regulations.
Safety Protocols for Clinic
- If you are unwell please reschedule appointment as soon as possible- we are waiving cancellation and booking fees at this time
- A screening questionnaire will be emailed prior to appointments, this must be completed and emailed back prior to the appointment and will be kept on record therefore all confirmations will be done via email
- Upon arrival, clients will have temperature checks -temperatures above 37.5 degrees cannot receive treatments
- All visits to the clinic are by appointment ONLY including product only purchases – no walk-ins permitted.
- Signage to clearly demonstrate correct hand washing protocols will be provided in rest room
- Product only purchases– pre-order, pre-pay and pre-packed for quick collection at arranged pick up time
- No loitering
Safety Protocols for Therapist
- Therapist will have temperature check before each shift – temperature above 37.5 degrees cannot perform treatments
- Current flu vaccine up to date
- COVID Safe App installed on work phone in clinic
- Certification of Australian Government Department of Health COVID19 Infection Control and QLD Tafe COVID SAFE Work Training for Beauty & Nails
- Therapist will wash hands and use hand steriliser between every client, before and after every treatment
- Follow and apply new updated Infection Control Guidelines February 2020
Our Hygiene Policy
- Hand sanitiser at the salon entrance will be provided – please ensure use upon arrival
- Automatic soap dispenser is available in rest room
- Paper towels and tissues are to be used and be disposed of in bins provided, immediately after use
- Coughing and sneezing to be done into tissues or elbows, but not hands
- Clinic routinely sanitised with Hospital Grade disinfectant – used on shelves, counters, EFTPOS machines and registers, or wherever there are areas used members of the public such as door handles and sinks
- Clinic will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before closing
- All client gowns, head wraps, towels and bed sheeting are eco-friendly, disposable and single use only
- All linen will be disposed of after each client in a sealed bag – we will not be using cloth towels
- Please bring own blanket if required
- Individual, sealed topped small water bottles are supplied
- Face masks worn by therapists during treatments and close proximity of clients for extra precaution
- Jewelry to be removed before entering the clinic
Scheduling & Client Facilitation
- As per Australian Health Guidelines, distancing rules apply with the number of clients on the premises at a time. One person and therapist in clinic at a time.
- Clients are to come in alone – no friends, family or plus ones allowed to wait in salon
- Clients are asked to enter directly on time for their appointment, no earlier.
- All appointments are scheduled to allow for thorough breaks in between appointments for full cleaning and sanitising of the treatment room and all touch points
- To reduce risk of exposure, therapist will restrict head of bed treatments to a maximum of 90 minutes
- During disinfection times, access to the area is off limits to the public
- Zoom/FaceTime consultations and skin care education will be used to minimise contact time in the clinic
- All ‘testers’ have been removed from displays
- Clients are advised to use credit/debit transactions, using touch/swipe/no signature technology rather than cash
We have a duty of care to protect our beauties wherever possible and we intend to ensure that is provided for everyone. We trust that all clients will understand that the requirements to keep everyone safe are essential and are not intended to cause any hardship to anyone. Your co-operation and respect of our new policies and procedures is very much appreciated. Just Magic will continue to follow local, state and national regulations regarding the safe operation of our clinic. As we receive additional guidance, our policies and practices will be updated accordingly. Guests interested in scheduling treatments or services can do so via email firstname.lastname@example.org , our Just Magic App, Facebook messenger or our preferred phone number 0429 616 506.