When it comes to one of the biggest days of your life, you want to make sure you look fantastic and feel comfortable with whatever decisions you have made in terms of your pre-wedding beauty preparation.
The last thing you want to happen is for things to go wrong at the last minute and be worrying about what you look like when you should be enjoying your day. That’s why we have produced this quick guide to planning your wedding beauty regime.
Our Top Pre-Wedding Beauty Tips
- Don’t leave things until the last minute– In the same way that you plan your hair style to complement your wedding dress, you also need to think seriously about what beauty treatments you are going to have in the run up to your wedding, including wedding make-up. Hopefully, you will have a rough idea of what you want to do well before the big day so seek advice from someone you can trust who knows what they are talking about. Preferably, listen to someone who can be objective with you on what you want to achieve and add suggestions that may make you think differently. Lots of people will want to give you advice, including friends or family, but it’s your day, not theirs. And, because they are not experts, they can be giving you bad advice because it’s based on what works for them. You can’t beat the word of someone who has studied something and has lots of experience.
- Find a good therapist and hang on to them– A good beauty therapist gets booked up well in advance. So, find someone early, have treatments with them; and when you trust them and see the results they have promised come to fruition… hang onto them by booking your pre-wedding beauty treatments as soon as you can.
- Watch and learn– By investing in your beauty regime in the run up to your wedding day, you will learn lots about what works for you and what doesn’t, which will carry on well after your big day.
- Don’t experiment at the last minute– Great skin does not happen overnight. Also, everyone’s skin is different. So what works for one person, may not work for another. A good beauty therapist will offer advice on a pre-wedding skincare regime that suits your skin so that you can work towards a great complexion well in advance of your big day. Make sure that the beauty treatment and makeup you are having just before your big day has been tried and tested – by you!
- Enjoy the process– It’s YOUR big day – that one you have been dreaming about all these years. Make the most of the entire experience and don’t let it get on top of you. With the right preparation (and knowledge) you will feel much more relaxed in the run up to your wedding.